Internship Title: Education Support Intern
Reports to: Program Coordinator, Abbey McLaren
Hours / Time Frame: 10-15 hours/week during 1st half of 2015 (January – June)
Qualifications/Requirements: The following are preferred skills and competencies:
● Strong analytic, writing, and problem solving skills.
● Ability to work independently as well as collaborate and communicate well with colleagues.
● Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
● Ability to research and report on a topic in a clear, focused, and concise manner.
● Solid understanding of the education landscape in Chicago and knowledge of current issues affecting neighborhood high schools.
● Strong interest in public education, youth development, and equity issues.
● Open to learning, receiving feedback, and engaging in reflection and improvement.
● Experience with Microsoft Office and Apple products.
● Experience working with social media and marking sites such as Eventbrite, Survey Monkey and Constant Contact.
● Some experience organizing and analyzing data sets.
Interested Organization’s List of Projects
● Provide meeting and event support, including promotion and outreach for the Generation All speaker series, steering committee meetings, and work groups.
● Participate in internal planning meetings to discuss strategy.
● Assist in data collection and analysis.
● Assist in creating content for the Generation All website and social media based on the latest education research, Generation All activities, and the work of related organizations.
Submit resume, writing sample and cover letter to Abbie Castiglione at firstname.lastname@example.org