We envision one city united in support of our neighborhood public high schools and their students.
Generation All works to unite Chicagoans in revitalizing neighborhood public high schools so that all students experience high quality learning opportunities both in and out of the classroom, and with the support of the wider community.
It’s time for a sustained, coordinated, citywide effort to give all of our young people the chance to reach their potential and to contribute their skills and talents to the life of our city. In the last two years Generation All has:
- Harnessed the wisdom and energy of students, parents, community leaders, policy makers and educators throughout the city to create an action plan to revitalize neighborhood public high schools: Strong Neighborhood High Schools for a Stronger Chicago
- Invested over half a million dollars in grants to sixteen organizations working to strengthen our neighborhood high schools
- Created a citywide dialogue about neighborhood public high schools through a speaker series, social media, editorials in Crain’s, the Sun-times and Catalyst, and participation in numerous panel discussions and events
- Convened a group of neighborhood public high school principals to work with us on implementing action plan strategies
- Earned the endorsement of the editorial board of the Chicago Sun-Times for our action plan
- Expanded our network to over 50 organizations committed to work with us to make this vision a reality
We invite you to join our efforts! In order for Generation All to reach all neighborhood public high schools and their students, we need your financial support. Your investment in Generation All will enable us to:
- Provide new grants to organizations that help build the capacity of neighborhood public high schools to deliver high quality learning opportunities for students during the school day and beyond
- Generate and share powerful information about neighborhood public high schools and education equity through communication campaigns, research and policy briefs, and public events
- Build public and political will for neighborhood public high schools by running a campaign to increase enrollment and learning opportunities
- Engage youth in changing the narrative about their neighborhood public high schools and working together to make them stronger
Join us in making Chicago’s public education system stronger so that all students, regardless of ability, race, ethnicity or income level, experience a high quality education at their neighborhood high schools!